

We had a "shower" for our friend, Alison, on Sunday afternoon, honoring her and her soon-to-be-with-us second baby boy. I put "shower" in quotes because Alison decided since this was her second baby, she didn't want us to really throw a shower -- she more just wanted a small gathering of friends and time to sit around a chat. That and casseroles. We each made her a casserole to throw in the freezer to help her family with meal times once the new little one arrives. Brilliant, right? I think it is a fabulous baby shower idea now that we have entered into the round of subsequent births. Shelly also made a yummy spinach and artichoke dip and provided fresh fruit for us to snack on, and I baked Cook's Illustrated's Best Strawberry Cream Cake (pictured above).
1 comment:
That looks soooo good!! Are you going to make your Dad one when we come down???
Post a Comment