In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us

Jarrett and I celebrate our seven-year wedding anniversary tomorrow. To celebrate (a bit in advance), we tried a new restaurant, 4th & Swift, last night. The dinner (and the evening in general) was absolutely fabulous. We each started with one of their signature cocktails -- Jarrett's was one of the best margaritas you've ever tasted, and mine was an interesting mix of gin, basil, and grapefruit juice. It sounds a bit odd, I know -- and I'm not even usually a gin fan -- but for some reason it sounded refreshing to me, so I decided to try it. And am I glad I did. I declared it possibly the best mixed drink I've ever had. For our food, I started with an argula salad with goat cheese, toasted pecans, and strawberries, and Jarrett had some sort of fancy sausage over couscous with harissa. For our main course, I had their grassfed beef filet with Oregon wild mushrooms in a red wine sauce, served with whipped potatoes and haricot verts, and Jarrett had sea scallops with roasted vidalia onion purée, asparagus, wild mushrooms, and smoked bacon. Paired with a nice bottle of Oregon Pinot Noir, both were amazing. We had their chocolate pot de creme with cinnamon churros for dessert. Yum. I highly recommend this restaurant.

And to make things even better? Our friend, Shelly, babysat for us (we are going to trade and babysit for them sometime soon) and Elsa didn't make a peep and slept soundly through the night.

It's been quite the year, and for many reasons this annivesary merits more celebration than those that have come before. I feel so lucky to be married to my best friend, my love, the father of my beautiful child. We have been through a lot together -- the good, the bad, and the mundane -- and through it all we have stuck together. For that I am grateful. I can only hope the coming years bring us even more happiness and joy, and bring us even closer together as a couple. Jarrett, I love you!

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!