In other news, Elsa started her fourth round of Kindermusik yesterday afternoon. The teacher we have had for the last three classes, Miss Emily, is currently out on maternity leave, having just given birth to twins -- a boy and a girl. A new teacher joined her studio, Miss Cortnie, and is taking over the teaching of all classes this semester. She is new to teaching, but she did a great job yesterday considering it was only the second class she had conducted thus far. I think both Elsa and I missed Emily (Elsa was a bit standoffish with the new teacher), but I'm sure everyone will warm up to Cortnie (and Cortnie to all of us) in time. Elsa started out shy, as usual, but was walking around the room and did not want to leave by the end of class. She cried when her drum was taken away, and the teacher said not to worry -- that it is an important stage Elsa is going through. I think she was just ticked that she could not keep beating the drum.
Elsa is the oldest and most developed this time around -- but definitely not the most outgoing. I think that title goes to a little girl who happens to share Elsa's name. I know!!! The horror!!! At least I was horrified. Another Elsa?!?! In Decatur?!?! And in our music class?!?! How can that be?!?! And the worst part? Though the other Elsa is younger at just about a year, that still puts them in the same grade as far as school goes. We chose her name because it was unique. Now she might actually share a classroom through her school years with another. As you can see, I did not take this news well. Kind of dumb, I know. But I can't help it. Thankfully the other Elsa is a cutie, so I can't really hold it against her. She has dark hair like Elsa and is a little chubster. Elsa (mine) was definitely a little confused with Elsa's (the other) mother calling her name. Elsa looked at the woman like she was crazy. This could be interesting.
3 comments:
Jude started music class- bummer that they are not in the same one! Jude is in Tuesday morning, since Finnan is at Gabriela's then. Can't wait to see you tonight!
Oh darn! That one start at 11:00, right? I considered it, but Elsa is usually starting to get hungry for lunch and beginning to get tired, so I was trying to prevent any possible breakdowns. It would be fun if they were in the same class, though. Maybe I should switch -- that way each class could have an Elsa. :)
For all of my dad's life (65 years or so?), he'd never met another Coulson until I named my son after him. Since then, we've met two Colsons - one in the church nursery at our old church and one at his preschool in Charlotte, but both of those were spelled differently.
We have names for baby #3 narrowed down to 2 choices and I just found out last week that there is another baby with one of the names at our church already. I just didn't know until recently because he still stays with his mom during the service, but he'll probably be starting to go to the nursery soon. And we have a pretty small church, so 2 kids close in age with the same name could be a problem. What to do, what to do???
Post a Comment