Elsa and I made it back to the gym today. It seems her runny nose has finally decided to come to an end, thank goodness. I dropped her off in the childcare facility without a hitch -- she was just anxious to carry her snack bowl over to the little table and chairs and have a seat. They did call my name toward the end of my workout (I was actually on the last machine in my weight routine, so no big deal), and I guess she had sort of choked on her snack or her water or something and spit up a little bit, which always tends to upset her, so she had clearly been crying. All in all, I would say it went pretty well considering she had not been there in over two weeks.
As for me, the workout was not as rough as I was anticipating, perhaps because I did make it there a week ago Saturday and have also been walking some and doing some Pilates and exercise ball routines at home. Jarrett has been going strong all along and has lost about ten pounds, which is awesome! We were thinking yesterday that in just four months we will be in Yosemite, having already finished up with Sequoia/King's Canyon, which means we have less than four months to really get into shape for these hikes. Jarrett has decided he is going to spend our last day in Yosemite Valley hiking Half Dome (and, yes, he is going to clip into the cables, unlike many of the crazies who decide to hike to the top, since we already have climbing harnesses), which will make for three really strenuous hikes in one week, so this is no joke!
No comments:
Post a Comment