I figured I should get myself in gear and post about the fabulous girls' weekend I experienced before yet another weekend comes and goes. I spent four days and three nights at the most serene and endearing little cottage on the Eastern Shore in Maryland with four of my girlfriends, and it was absolute bliss. Four of us are married with kids, and the fifth is a most wonderful single friend who somehow seems to endure all of our lengthy discussions on husbands and children. And the rest of us get to listen wistfully to her talk of exciting new romantic relationships and world travel. Combine it all together, and you have a weekend of girl fun galore.
Really, there is not a whole lot to report except that we spent a good amount of time lounging around in adirondack chairs, gazing out onto the peaceful water; chatting and asking/answering many pondering questions (as a result, I think we learned quite a lot more about each other); making delicious cocktails; reading and knitting; swimming in the pool and soaking in some rays; and generally just delighting in each others' company.
I think the general consensus was that we probably could have done with maybe two more nights -- and we definitely want to do this every year! Reports from home indicated that all of the daddies had a grand time with the kids. I know Jarrett and Elsa had a lot of fun together going to the pool, visiting the zoo, and playing with Legos.
A big thank you goes to Alison's mother-in-law for so generously offering us the use of her lovely cottage. I can't wait to go back!!!








1 comment:
Oh, good friends and a beautiful place- that is bliss!
Post a Comment