It is amazing to think that two years ago at this time, I was still wide awake, surged with some unknown energy, getting to know the very newness of you.
Two years have passed at a slipstream of a pace, allowing me to stand astonished at how quickly time can pass, yet at the same time enjoy every sweet, spectacular moment of your life. From just a year ago, you have changed dramatically. You have progressed from speaking a few words here and there and traipsing around the coffee table to nearly speaking full sentences and running full-speed ahead of me down the sidewalk, making my heart beat out of my chest, only to stop suddenly, turn around, and once again take my breath away with your innocent sweetness. You would never truly run away. And for that I am grateful.
You are brilliant, you are radiant, and you are at the age I always looked forward to because of the snippets of remembrances I have from myself at this age. You are two. You are still amazing. And I and your daddy love you endlessly.
You are a handful. You are willful. But I know there will come a time that these characteristics will become invaluable to you. I love you for who you are and for who you will become, as I know it will be something truly wonderful, and I cannot wait to see it unfold. Yet, then again, I can. Please let it come slowly and steadily enough that I can enjoy every moment.
We love you, Sweet Girl. Happy birthday to you.
1 comment:
Happy birthday, Elsa! What a sweet and beautiful little girl you are!
Post a Comment