In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Elsa's First (Self-Imposed) Chore

Late last week I opened the back door to let Merckx inside the house, but realized he was covered with leaves and mulch, so I shut the door behind me and set to brushing him off some before letting him in. I could hear through the door the sound of the scooping of dog food out of the food bin and into the dog bowl. Sure enough -- Elsa had opened the dog food bin, scooped out some food, and, without spilling, transferred it successfully to Merckx's bowl. "Feed Merckx!," she exclaimed when I came back inside. So, there you have it -- Elsa's first chore. I took some video of her in action yesterday evening.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

oh my gosh. that was SO cute. what a little adult she is!

Jodi Scott said...

What in the world is that noise in the background? A toy train?

Jodi Scott said...

never mind - it was a game WP was playing - I thought it was on your video.