Wednesday evening met the end of my sugar cleanse. With Elsa just getting over the chicken pox and then coming down with strep throat, the house being on the market (and, thus, prepping for many a showing), helping (sort of -- Jarrett is doing most of the work!) get a new business off the ground, enduring stress over unknown health issues, and now with Avie (I think) coming down with the chicken pox, I had it. I needed ice cream.
So, since Wednesday evening, I have had one small bowl of delicious ice cream and a half-caffeinated mocha (to try to help get rid of the migraine I have had off and on for the past four days... forgot to mention that one). Not too bad, at least yet.
I think there was benefit in making it the one-and-a-half weeks I did, for sure. I cannot say I ate a whole lot healthier than I usually do, as Jarrett and I try to eat a decently healthy diet, and are already gluten free. But I do think it helped me kick the extreme cravings I was experiencing for chocolate anything two or three times a day. And I do not feel like I must hit every Starbucks that comes into view.
So my hope is that I can perhaps keep those strong urges at bay, and just enjoy my indulgences on a healthier scale. We will see how long that lasts...
2 comments:
That sounds great! I am all for caving. The first time, I started to loosen the reigns about a week and a half in. My whole point, like yours, was to kick the cravings and I felt that I accomplished that and wanted to get back to unrestricted eating as soon as possible. I will probably be more lenient tomorrow since I'm hosting a shower.
Can babies get chicken pox? Probably a really mild version?
I was wondering how it was at all possible for you to even last a day given your last couple of weeks!
Post a Comment