In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Sugar Cleanse

So I am taking on a challenge put out there by a dear friend of mine, Natali, who has started a brilliant new blog, An Appetite for Joy. It is a spring sugar cleanse, and I am going for Category Three in her layout of options, meaning no sweeteners or refined flours are allowed in my diet for the next two weeks, beginning tomorrow.

Being gluten free, I already have the flour thing covered, and I know I have been eating way too much sugar lately. I never had a sweet tooth until I was pregnant and gave birth to the girls (and it seemed to just get progressively worse with the second pregnancy). Now I feel the need for dark chocolate, milkshakes, ice cream, and sugary coffee drinks on a daily basis, even multiple times per day. I do not necessarily think it is bad to indulge every now and again, but it has gotten a wee bit out of control for me as of late, and I think it will do me some good to take part in this cleanse and reset my body into having a more respectful view of sweets.

I have taken her advice and have stocked up on lots of salad fixings, avocados, fruit, dates, and even the Celestial Seasons Bengal Spice tea she recommends (Jarrett and I are big tea fans, so I think this will be a nice treat in the evenings).

I urge you to at least take a look at her post. And if you do not feel up for the challenge, so be it. But, regardless, her blog is chock full of really great information for a healthy lifestyle.

Thanks, Natali!

1 comment:

Natalia said...

Thanks Christi! Keep it up, I'm right there with you!