They decided to rouse Olivia to let her know they were leaving, and Olivia seemed groggy, sleepily said "okay," and then we thought she went back to sleep. I brought Aveline with me, and the timing actually worked out pretty well because it was about the time she wakes for a feeding anyway. And I was able to successfully nurse her and put her back down in Seth and Jill's bed. I laid down for a little while, and then heard the cries for Mommy and Daddy. I went in and tried to comfort Olivia, reassuring her that she would see Mommy and Daddy soon -- and her little brother! I also told her we were going to have tons of fun at our house with Elsa once the sun came up. That might have been a mistake -- or maybe the excitement had already set in -- as she called me in a couple of more times, once for her "la-la" (lovey) and once because she was just plain ole' ready to get up. It didn't matter that it was about 5:15 a.m. And, heck, I did not really mind either, as I was excited as well. So we got up, read books, got dressed, put hair in pigtails, and waited for Avie to wake up before heading back to the house.
Elsa and Liv had a grand time together. It started with a pancake breakfast.
It was around snacktime when we got the text that baby brother was born! I made the announcement, we all got excited for a brief moment, and then it was back to hardcore play for the girls. Seth and Jill did also text me a photo of the little guy, which I showed to Liv and caught on video.
The rest of the day involved cooking in the play kitchen, coloring, painting, front yard exploration, more snacks, and, most importantly, the slumber party! Jill and I have scheduled playdates for the girls in the weeks past, and they were getting excited about the possibility of Olivia spending the night here at the house. However, because of the time of baby's birth, we knew that would not happen since Jill's parents would be in town to pick Olivia up before bedtime. So I thought, why not let them get into pjs (the most exciting part for them) and let them have a little afternoon slumber party? And on went the pjs. I set them up on the floor and let them pick a movie, and they chose Winnie the Pooh. Although that only lasted until Olivia decided she did not like the "backson" so much and we turned it off. They had tons of fun while it lasted, though.
Toward the end of Liv's stay, both girls decided they needed to be in dresses with leggings, with braided hair. And so they were.
Love these next two...
Sweet friends, sweet play.
Welcome to the world, Baby Everett!!!












No comments:
Post a Comment