In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Elsa's Five-Year Stats

I realized I totally forgot to write about Elsa's five-year well visit at our doctor's office. We went the day before her birthday, which was the Friday my mom made it down. So my mom and I picked her up at Gabriela's and headed to the doctor. I had not mentioned the appointment to Elsa, as I knew her immediate fear would be whether she was going to get a shot, and I did not want her to worry about that all day. I told her as we were walking out of the gate and, as expected, her first question was, "Am I going to get a shot?!?!"

The birthday girl lucked out, though, as the shot she was due for can be given anywhere between four and six years of age, and since we currently do not have health insurance, Susan, the nurse practitioner said it was fine to wait until we do. So it was just a general check-up, but this time (for the first time) Susan added in an eye exam and a hearing test, both of which she pretty much passed with flying colors. She has 20/20 vision, and seemed to do fine with the hearing.

She measured in at 3 feet, 6 inches, which appears to be in the 50th percentile. And she weighed 35 pounds, 8 ounces, putting her in the 20th percentile.

I forgot how nice it is to go to the doctor for a well visit. Three cheers for healthy kids!

No comments: