In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Just the Two of Us


No, I'm not talking about me and Jarrett. It's just Merckx and me tonight here at the Helms Homestead. Jarrett flew to Virginia today to spend St. Patty's weekend with Tim, as Kate is in Africa on a business trip (no, I don't feel sorry for her) and I guess Tim wanted some company. It's good that they're getting to see each other, and Tim was nice enough to fly Jarrett up with his extra Skymiles, so who can complain about a free trip?

Anyway, my mom is driving down tomorrow from Charlotte, so it will be nice to spend some time with her. For those of you who don't know, my grandfather (my mom's father) passed away last month, so it's been a really rough time for her and I've hated to see her go through it. I'm excited to enjoy some good Mexican food (as she is as much as a Mexican fiend as I) and maybe a movie in the theatre, which I haven't had the privilege of experiencing in quite a long time, but something that she and I enjoy together when we're in close proximity. I don't even know what movies are out right now, so if anyone has any suggestions, pass them along!

No comments: