I of course left tonight free, as I knew I would be entertained by the American Idol performances. I didn't watch it at all last week, so it was time to catch up -- and get another good look at Blake Lewis. I pick a favorite every season, and he's it this time around (no, I don't always choose them for their looks... it just happened to work out this season). Jarrett was recently telling me about this "Vote for the Worst" site the other day. This has to be the only way Sanjaya is making it every week. Vote for the worst, though? I don't even vote for the best.
My other accomplishment of the evening is that pictured above -- black-eyed pea hummus. I guess I'm on a hummus kick. But, really, that's nothing new. Okay, it might not look that pretty, but I'm hoping it tastes okay tomorrow evening because it's our turn for snack duty for Community Group. They serve this at the restaurant, Wisteria, which I spoke of in my March 11 post. At first taste it wasn't nearly as good as theirs, but I'm blaming that on the fact that it was still warm because the beans came right off the stove and into the food processor. Oh, and see the huge bowl of beans in the background? I obviously have no idea the ratio of dried beans to cooked. I'll eat black-eyed peas for days.