ARRRGGGGGHHHH!!! Okay, sorry. I just had to release some of my extreme frustration over The Weather Channel's forecast for the weekend. Originally Jarrett and I had planned to drive up to North Carolina, as my parents continue to beg me for a visit, and it would have given Jarrett an opportunity to drive up and see his dad. However, I think Jarrett's dad has had a bit of cabin fever lately, so he's actually in Raleigh for the weekend visiting his girlfriend. Since he wasn't going to be around we decided to delay that trip until the end of the month (we've got to be able to kill all birds with one stone if we're going to make that drive) and decided instead that since the weather has been so nice lately, we should head up to the mountains and do some backpacking.
Then Friday came. Along with the crappy weather report. Rain. A 60 percent chance on Saturday; a 30 percent chance on Sunday. Crap. Crap. Crap.
I actually felt a little relieved when I woke up yesterday morning to see rain on the cars even though it was obvious upon looking at the ground and the back deck that it really hadn't rained that much. I just figured there was more rain to come. Then the sun came out and the day turned absolutely beautiful. Dammit. And I wake this morning to another beautiful day. Unbelievable.
So for those of you who wanted to see a photo of Merckx in his cute little blue backpack, I'm sorry. Maybe I'll put it on him just to get the picture. Heh... poor thing.
I have to admit, though, that even though I was really longing to get out in the backcountry, it's been a very nice weekend. Jarrett and I went to the climbing gym yesterday, went for a three-mile walk with the dog, and, later in the evening, went to Composition Gallery's opening and to a nice dinner to celebrate Jarrett's recent raise. (If you've never been to Wisteria and find a reason to go out for a fantastic dinner, go. We have eaten there twice, and I still vote that it is the best place I've had dinner in Atlanta.) I think we're going to try to draw out a plan for our summer Oregon trip today, and maybe we'll go on a bike ride or something just to get out and enjoy the sunshine. Oh -- and, heck yeah -- daylight saving time begins today! We're going to celebrate that this evening by sitting out at the patio of a restaurant down the street for dinner with our friends, David and Shelly. Bring on the better moods.
No comments:
Post a Comment