In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa
Thursday, November 26, 2009
The Y, Take Two
I made it to the gym again on Tuesday, and this time the childcare drop-off went fairly well. A few other little ones were sitting down at a small table for a snack, so I went ahead and sat Elsa in a chair with her cup, a few crackers, and an arrowroot cookie. She seemed so mesmerized by the other kids -- and happy enough to have a cookie so early in the day -- that I was able to leave without a peep from her. I didn't see my trainer around to be able to get set up on the weights, so I just went ahead and rode the recumbent bike for about 30 minutes. Just as I was finishing up and logging out on the computer system, I heard my name called over the loudspeaker. When I went in to pick up Elsa, I was expecting to hear her screaming, but she was just sitting on one of the lady's laps, calm for the moment, though it was quite obvious that she had been crying. Apparently she cried off and on, but at least it seemed she did slightly better than last time. I figure one of these days she is bound to get used to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment