So today was the day -- my first day back at the gym after being absent for well over a year. I was feeling somewhat anxious, primarily because I did not know how Elsa was going to react to me leaving her in the childcare facility there. She, as I expected, was not happy when I handed her off to one of the women working there, and I heard her crying while I was filling out paperwork and as I headed out the door to meet with the trainer for my appointment. The childcare policy is that they will attempt to deal with your crying child for ten minutes and if they cannot calm them down, then they will call you over the intercom. When I didn't hear my name called after ten minutes, and then after twenty, I thought I was good to go. And I was, really. I met with the trainer, he outlined the workouts he thought would be beneficial to me, and I did 30 uninterrupted minutes of cardio on the treadmill, which was fabulous. It was really nice having that time to myself, watching TV (even though I forgot my earphones), and just daydreaming about whatever came to mind, all the while knowing that my baby was being well cared for. Little did I know, she had fallen asleep. Apparently she cried for quite awhile and probably got so worn out that she finally just conked out and had been asleep for around 30 minutes when I arrived to pick her up. That was fine -- it allowed me to get my workout in -- but now as I sit here typing, I am listening to her not taking her afternoon nap. This means I will get little or nothing done this afternoon and we have music class later, so I hope she makes it through.
On a side note, I saw our family doctor as I was checking out at the front desk. I guess she had just finished up with her workout as well -- she told me she has attended the Total Body Yoga class for around six years now, and she absolutely loves it. I guess she recommends the class to many of her patients and, thus, now takes the class with many of her patients. She said that, honestly, that is one of the reasons her office is closed on Wednesdays. Yes, she gets her research in, I am sure, but she also gets her yoga in! With such a high recommendation from her, I might have to check it out.
1 comment:
Phew! I am glad that went well. And I am definitely a little jealous over here...I guess there is nothing stopping me.
Post a Comment