In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Monday, November 30, 2009

Yardwork



My parents headed back home Friday evening, and on Saturday Jarrett and I jumped on the yardwork -- Jarrett especially. Jarrett blew the leaves off of the roof and cleaned out the gutters, and then we played dueling blowers in the front yard and started work on bagging up all of the leaves. I helped as long as Elsa napped, but that still left Jarrett with the brunt of the work. Thirty-six bags of leaves were gathered in total... and the leaves are still falling. Hopefully the second round won't be nearly as entailed as the first.


You might remember that Jarrett planted grass seed not too long ago. After some crazy (and some unpredicted) rains, we were worried that the seed might have washed away. As you can see, though, we have grass! We find this probably more exciting than we should after living with a dustbowl of a yard for so long.


While Elsa napped on Sunday, Jarrett and I worked on planting 60 bulbs. We've never planted bulbs before, so I'm hoping we did everything correctly. I am looking forward to being surprised with new flowers in the spring!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Dueling Blowers sounds like a pretty fun game - make sure to get some video of that next time.

And 39 bags of leaves?! Yikes! I think I'd be tempted to blow them all into the yard next to me, or something equally as neighborly. :-)