Yesterday was a big day -- Elsa mastered the art of using a straw. I have been trying to get her to use a straw off and on now for quite some time (as well as trying to get her to use sippy cups that have hard spout rather than the soft, silcone ones she seems to love -- she still can't quite get used to this), but to no avail. On Sunday at a little Daylight Savings party over at friend's house, she showed a lot of interest in a cup with a straw that belonged to someone else, but one exactly like a cup she had at home (just a different color). So yesterday evening before dinner, I decided to give it another try, this time with a new cup. I let her watch me put a little apple juice with some water in the cup as a bit of enticement. She still did not get it right away, so I tried to demonstrate sucking on the straw -- something I've tried to show her before, but this time something must of clicked. Either that or she just really wanted that apple juice. As soon as she took that first suck on the straw, she had it figured out. Yay -- now maybe she'll be able to share my summer milkshakes with me! Oh, but in moderation, of course. :)




1 comment:
Yea for straws! And yea for milkshakes! It's such an amazing day, it gives me hope that milkshake season is really going to come, at long last.
Post a Comment