In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Monday, March 08, 2010

Signs of Spring

The past two days have been gorgeous here in Decatur. It was in the low 60s yesterday and is supposed to be near 70 today, and is just sunny and beautiful. Jarrett got quite a bit of yardwork accomplished yesterday (I helped some). He cleaned the roof/gutters, raked/blew/bagged leftover leaves, and -- get this -- mowed the lawn. Yes, we actually have grass that we need to mow in both the front and backyard. It seems pretty amazing considering our yard was a dustbowl for so long. He also overseeded both sections of grass in hopes to get even better coverage.

 

 


I am also very excited because the bulbs we planted back in November are actually coming up. Even the crocuses, which I thought had met their demise from digging squirrels, are coming up and blooming.



Ahhh... the spring weather does a body good after quite a cold winter.

No comments: