In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Last Hurrahs

I have had good opportunity to get in both girl time and couple time throughout this pregnancy, and I have not let that luxury go even up to the end. Last week three of us girls were able to get together for one last pedicure (and yummy lunch at Big Tex Cantina) prior to the baby's arrival.


 

And last Friday evening, Tim, Kate, Jarrett, and I went to a nice dinner at Cakes & Ale, where we ate when I was in early labor with Elsa, only this time at their brand new location on the Decatur Square. This time I was not in labor, but it was still nice to repeat the evening in a way, celebrating the soon arrival of Baby Helms numero dos. As for the restaurant itself, the new location is really nice; however, some sound dampening would be really nice (maybe we are just getting old), and I did not feel that their menu was quite up to par as to what we have experienced in our many visits in the past. The flourless chocolate cake was delicious, though!

No comments: