In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Winnie the Pooh

Jarrett and I took Elsa to see her first "real" movie (she had been to an IMAX movie way back when, but I am not sure that counts, especially since she did not actually see the entire thing and I had to stand in the back with her for most of the movie) in a theater two Saturdays ago -- Winnie the Pooh. Seeing as Elsa loves Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, which I recorded from television over the holidays last year, as well as all the characters (especially Piglet), and because it was fairly safe to assume there would be no really scary portions as there seem to be in most Disney movies, we thought this was a good first choice. And it was only just over an hour in length.

We actually tried to leave the house with plenty of time to get to the theater, but still ended up arriving after the previews had already started -- and to a fairly packed house. We did, however, find our seats, and Elsa immediately sat in Jarrett's lap, a little timid of the big screen and darkness. I snuck back out to buy some popcorn and bottles of water, while they enjoyed the previews. Elsa sat entranced in her daddy's lap (which he loved) for the entire movie, not making a peep except for the occasional, "More popcorn, please." She loved "the big movie," and was asking to see it again the very next day.

My parents made a quick visit down this past weekend, allowing Jarrett and I (despite the fact that Jarrett was fighting a cold) to go out to dinner and run some errands Saturday evening, and then go to church and lunch Sunday morning while they took Elsa to see Winnie the Pooh yet again. Elsa was so excited to see "the big movie" for a second time, and it sounds like she was just as glued to the screen this time around. Except this time she was in Grandma's lap. And they actually took their camera with them, so I have photo documentation.

All ready to go, purple shoes and all






1 comment:

Natalia said...

Why does it always happen that someone has to get sick on date night? I love her Winnie the Pooh movie outfit :)