In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Happy Fourth

It was nice that Jarrett worked a short week and then had a three-day weekend -- nice for him to somewhat ease his way back into the working world, and nice for Elsa and myself to have him around over the holiday weekend. We went to the Atlanta Botanical Garden on Sunday and officially became members. Jarrett was able to see the fun of the Children's Garden, as well as everything else they have added and renovated since he was there last. I was not sure what the crowds would be like, seeing as it was a holiday, but we were gifted with the Children's Garden nearly all to ourselves. Elsa had a fun time running around and exploring.





Yesterday morning, we went to McKoy Pool again. This time Elsa was much more focused on collecting as many toys as possible rather than actually swimming. The water is still really quite cold, so we are hoping it warms up as the summer progresses and that maybe then it will be easier to convince Elsa to swim in the deeper water with us. At the request of my parents, I took some video of her playing at the pool. Toward the end of the footage, she starts singing "Hop Up, My Baby" to herself; hence, the hopping/bouncing. Very cute.


We already took advantage of our Garden membership today, and visited again this morning, this time with our friends. And this time I brought Elsa's swimsuit, so she was able to splash around with Christian, Finnan, and Jude. She also had a fabulous time climbing stairs and sliding down the slide all by herself -- over and over again. I know, I know... a slide. But I won't dare slide down with her anymore. And she was actually doing really well on her own, with a little help up and down the stairs, as well as some reminding to sit down at the top of the slide and a little pushing to get her going.

1 comment: