In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Friday, July 02, 2010

Merckx is Six

Our fluffy, white, loyal companion turned six years old yesterday. If he was a human child, he would be starting first grade. That is a little frightening to think about.

I ran out to the grocery store yesterday afternoon so I was sure to have his annual ice cream treats on hand yesterday evening. He thoroughly enjoyed his peanut butter and cheese ice cream -- are we surprised? Otherwise he had a pretty lazy day. After spending nearly a month with his pal, Timber, the guy is fairly worn out. I was still a little disappointed in myself, though, for not getting him out for a walk. Now that it is hot in the afternoon, I need to try to make more of a point of going for walks in the morning hours.

Happy birthday, Merckx!








No comments: