In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa
Saturday, June 04, 2011
Elsa's Sweater
Ta da! I finally finished the sweater I started knitting for Elsa back on a girls' weekend in June 2009. Okay, so I did not technically finish it. I did knit all of the pieces (except for the collar), and they have all just been sitting around for months, waiting for me to do all of the seaming. I love knitting, but I dread the finishing, mostly because I have not had a lot of practice with it and, thus, am not that skilled with doing it. And the thought of spending that much time and energy knitting all of the pieces of the sweater to then try to somewhat haphazardly piece it together just kind of killed me. So I finally gave in and took all the pieces to Knitch, and paid someone else to seam it for me. I do not think I am going to let myself do that again, as it is also kind of painful to spend even more money to complete a project, but in this case I was worried Elsa would outgrow the sweater before even trying it on. As you can see from the photos, it is plenty big -- she might even be able to wear it this coming fall/winter. We will see. At least she got to wear it briefly during the strange cold snap we had a few weeks back. And I guess our next baby girl will get her fair share of wearing it in the future too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
It's beautiful!
So beautiful and comfy looking!
I LOVE it! You did a great job, Christi, and Elsa looks so sweet in it. :)
Post a Comment