Since we were leaving for Jamaica early on the morning of Jarrett's birthday, I decided to bake him a cake the day before so we could enjoy it together after dinner on Tuesday evening. And since Jarrett's dad and Susan had just arrived, it seemed like a good chance to all celebrate prior to us leaving them and Elsa behind.
I made The Best Recipe's Master Recipe for Chocolate Layer Cake, and topped it with their recipe for Coffee Buttercream Frosting. I did not want to subject him to a gluten-free cake on his own birthday, though he informed me after the fact that I should next time (I don't think I'll listen to him). The frosting, however, I was able to sample, and I would have to say that it was pretty darn amazing. There is still some in the fridge, and if it still looks okay, I might just add it to my coffee this week.
I was hoping Elsa would be able to help with the making of the cake, but it just did not really work out that way for various reasons. She was, however, very excited to help Daddy blow out the candles. And she had already sung the birthday song many a time to him on days prior, but I think she got a little stage fright with the larger audience this time around, so did not really join in on the singing. As you can see, though, her candle-blowing-out skills are quite polished enough now that she will be more than ready for her own birthday in just over a couple months!
No comments:
Post a Comment