In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Thursday, October 29, 2009

An Attempt to Harmonize Chaos

So Elsa's second debut as a lion went fairly well. I did manage to darken up the face paint a little more, which I think looked nice... until she started rubbing her face, and therefore started rubbing it off. Thankfully it's fairly powdery in it's dry state, so rubbing does not cause too terrible a mess.


The children at music class certainly seemed to be intrigued with seeing one another in costume. Kate, our own little pirate who Elsa and I know from our first music class, was especially interested in Elsa the Lioness.



Besides a lion and a pirate, we had a pig, a flower, a dinosaur, Pebbles, a cow, and a few others in general Halloween flair. Everything seemed okay aside from the occasional irritation of their encumbrance (Elsa wasn't the only one who seemed to experience a little less than full mobility in costume) until the teacher and us camera-bearing mommies decided it would be a splendid idea to try to capture a group photo.





This was probably the best shot I got.


After several snaps of the camera, things started going way south. Costumes + no mommy within arms' reach = tears. And when one baby starts to cry, they all decide to chime in.


Overall, it was a fun class, though. And, being the loving moms that we are, we decided to torture them again at the end, thinking we might be able to get one last shot at a group photo. Negative. But I did get a couple more cute shots of Elsa. And that is, of course, all that really matters.



1 comment:

Alison LeBlanc said...

she is absolutely adorable!