When we told our mothers, on separate occasions, that we were considering the name "Elsa" for our unborn child, both of them mentioned the movie Born Free, starring Elsa the Lioness. We weren't sure what we thought about our moms thinking of a lion when they thought about their granddaughter's name, but in the end we decided it didn't really bother us and, thus, we have Elsa the Child. When I found a lion costume at a local consignment sale I thought it was perfect for this Halloween -- but because Elsa loves to roar like a lion, not because I was thinking of Elsa the Lioness. It wasn't until Jarrett mentioned the link a couple of days ago that I realized the coincidence. So, the costume ends up being fitting in more than one way.
I tried the costume on her this evening mainly to see how she would react, as all the children are supposed to wear their Halloween costumes to music class tomorrow. I hope to get the face paint a little better tomorrow, but she is insanely cute here as is.

1 comment:
Insanely cute indeed.
Post a Comment