In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Kate's Baby Shower

After just over a year since Kate threw me the baby shower to top all baby showers, I was able to throw her one yesterday for her and her baby boy, who is expected to arrive in early November. Though I still don't think it compared to the shower Kate and Shelly put together for me, I do think Shelly and I were able to pull together a very pleasing vintage/old-fashioned-themed celebration. We had some wonderful food (thanks mainly to a handful of fabulous Barefoot Contessa recipes), and the decorations were fairly simple, but I thought they came together to be quite pretty. It was a lot of fun hanging out with the girls, catching up, and discussing all things baby. Kate looked quite lovely, glowing as all mamas-to-be should. We all can't wait to meet this sweet, new baby boy!


















1 comment: