In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Weaning Update
After a girls' night with Kate and Shelly out at Leon's last night, and some discussion about weaning, I decided to attempt dropping the morning nursing session this morning. Elsa woke up around 7:15 a.m. or so (which was awesome!), and I just asked her if she wanted to eat some breakfast. I proceeded to cut up half of a banana for her and gave her a drink while I cooked her an egg (with some shredded cheese on top, of course). The fact that she didn't nurse didn't even seem to phase her, so I guess we're down to just the two sessions before bedtimes. And I'm okay with that. She obviously needs nursing for comfort for the time being, so we will just take it slowly from here and see what happens. I think my goal is still, though, to have her completely weaned by late winter just because I think it would be lovely for Jarrett and I to get away by then. We have Charleston on the brain. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome! I'm so glad that went well. I thought breakfast might help.
Sometimes I need Ed in the bed for comfort, so I get where Elsa's coming from. (And I'm sure you do, too.) :)
Post a Comment