We had a great time this morning at Thrasher Park in Norcross with Alison and her boys, Finnan and Jude. Known to us as the "train park," this awesome find sits very close to the active train track that runs through town. Elsa and I had barely emerged from the car before the first train came blazing by. And by blazing, I mean blazing. These guys do not slow down through this area, and the horns were blaring loud. So loud, in fact, that as I held Elsa while that first train went by, I could nearly feel her heart leap and start racing. During the passing of the three subsequent trains we were able to witness (including an Amtrak passenger train), she said, "Very loud... too loud." But despite the noise, she still seemed to enjoy watching them careen on by.
The playground is really great, with sizable areas for both the younger kids and the older kids, and many, many contraptions to climb upon. Elsa is not yet so much into playground climbing aside from stairs -- Finnan was our expert climber, with Jude not lagging too terribly far behind. Several pieces of the playground equipment are train-themed, of course, and Elsa enjoyed "driving" the engine. She was a little wary of everything besides the swings (her favorite), but finally ventured out a little with me close by. At first she wanted to hold my hand while crossing the moving bridge, but was soon doing it all by herself. I have a little video of her in action. Hopefully you won't get too seasick -- it is a little tough wielding the camera and trying to lend Elsa a hand at the same time. Also, I filmed some of the park and its surroundings more so Jarrett could see what it was like, which obviously made it a bit more lengthy.
An airplane park and a train park all in the same week? And lots of swinging? What more could a little girl want?







3 comments:
Love the pictures! We had fun!
She's such a beauty, Christi. The swing pictures are the best!
Oh my goodness ... she looks so big! I'm just catching up, and I can't believe how much older she looks. So beautiful.
We love that park. The trains are really crazy loud, aren't they?
Post a Comment