Aveline is two months old today. Last month she celebrated by sleeping the longest she had at that point, six-and-a-half hours, and this time she did it again, surpassing that time by another half-hour. Sadly, I awoke with a migraine in the middle of that stretch, so I did not get to enjoy it as fully as I would have liked. Elsa slept nine hours the night before her two-month birthday, but, hey, I guess she is just our over-achiever. I only compare because I feel like I once again have no clue what I am doing when it comes to the baby's sleep schedule. Here is to hoping Aveline catches up with her soon, one way or another.
We went to Avie's two-month appointment on Monday. When we scheduled the appointment the month prior, the woman at the front desk put us down for a 15-minute shot visit instead of the 30-minute well checkup we were supposed to have. But Susan, the nurse practitioner, still went ahead and weighed and measured her and was kind enough to answer some of my questions. Aveline weighed in at 11 pounds, 10.5 ounces (75th percentile), and was 24.5 inches in length (jumping up to over the 95th percentile). I asked her about the little spot on her back, what looks a little patch of broken blood vessels, but Susan did not seem concerned. She thinks it will go away, possibly growing a little in size before disappearing. I guess I will just keep an eye on it. She called it a cherry angioma, but I do not think that is what it is. Whatever. I also asked her about the fact that it seems her poop has been more green over the past few weeks, rather than the mustard yellow color it should be. I told her my suspicion of it being an intolerance to the dairy I eat since Avie does seem a little more fussy after consumption. She said it could be that, or it could just be that I am eating a diet higher in iron, which could be the case since Jarrett and I are basically bound to eating lots of meat and veggies at the moment. But I did not feel that I had consumed a ton of iron in the past day or two, and Avie happened to have a dirty diaper while we were there, which was definitely green. So Susan said, if I felt so inclined, I could try going off of dairy for a little while and see if it makes a difference. I am going to try that the best I can, and we shall see what happens. Susan also thought that Aveline has some thrush on her tongue. I always thought it was just milk, but she kind of scraped at it and said it was not coming off. So the little one is on an anti-yeast medication now. I hope it goes away soon. Other than that, she got her first vaccination, which was the DTaP. It was so sad, as Avie had just been giving me some gigantic smiles and, then, prick! The crying began. Poor little thing.
Avie is doing a better job of getting her hands to her mouth recently and continues to blow saliva bubbles. As I just mentioned, she is giving us fabulous social smiles now, though of course I could not get her to do it for the camera today, even though she had been smiling in my lap just before. She still smiles at the ceiling fans and other high-contrast objects, but she most definitely smiles at people now too, which is so fun. She coos and clicks her tongue, and she is starting to track things, especially me, as I walk away from her. She has also started to become interested in the toys hanging from her playmat a bit, as well as the little bird we have hanging from her car seat. She continues to nurse between two and three hours during waking hours, and saves the longer stretch for the first part of the night. She eats well, which is obvious by her continued weight gain, and the reason that Susan was also not overly concerned about the green poop. The refluxing seems to have diminished greatly, showing up only here and there now, which is a relief. She still likes the swing, and even tolerates the bouncer now some. Basically, if she is fed and happy going into a situation, she usually does okay.
We get many comments about how much she looks like Elsa. I certainly see some similarities, but they look so different to me too. And Aveline just looks so much like Jarrett. One of these days I will get around to posting some comparison photos. For now you may just enjoy these of Aveline from today.




1 comment:
Smiles or no smiles, she is precious! If I can remember correctly, Sofia went through a sudden and definite green poop stage. She just grew out of it without me changing my diet.
Post a Comment