In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Friday, November 25, 2011

Holiday Lights

Last Thursday evening, our family went to the Atlanta Botanical Garden for their Garden Lights, Holiday Nights Member Preview event. It was chilly, so we bundled up and strolled around the Garden together, Elsa holding my hand and ooing and ahing over the lights... until Aveline had it with the car seat/stroller combination and I started carrying her in the Ergo. Then Elsa switched over to holding Daddy's hand. She wanted so badly to touch them all, and at one point I turned around to see her traipsing over flowers to do just that (oops!). The lights were quite pretty, but I have to admit that the wow-factor driving in the entrance far outweighed the wow-factor once actually inside. But it was the Garden's first attempt of any sort of holiday light exhibit, so I have a feeling it will only get better over the years. Elsa was quite tired by the time we headed home. She enjoyed a miniature candy cane in the car and then had to work really hard to stay awake until we got home.



No comments: