In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Elsa's Fat Lip
Elsa's lips met the sidewalk yesterday while at the park. It was the first time she had been to this particular toddler park as an actual toddler, and being as she is still a little unsteady in her walking, she toppled over while walking a cement walkway that runs through the park. After I saw her face hit, my heart started pounding, not knowing what to expect to see when I picked her up and turned her to face me. All I saw was blood pooling in and dripping from her mouth, which was a bit frightening just because initially I couldn't tell where the blood was actually coming from. Thankfully all she did was scrape up both her top and bottom lips. Her teeth were spared, as was the rest of her face. Kate claims I reacted in a calm manner (despite the expletive that escaped my lips when I saw her go down), but I can assure you that all sorts of anxious and fretful feelings were coursing through my body as I hurried her back to the stroller so I could use her blanket to sop up the blood and put pressure on the wounds. As all mothers know, it is terribly painful to see our babies get injured. I am certainly not looking forward to all of the owies that lie ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I didn't know her lip got so swollen after that fall. Poor little girl!
Post a Comment