I finally made it back to the gym this morning -- the first time since before the Christmas holiday. Jarrett and I purchased an exercise ball recently so I've been doing a workout with that, as well as some Pilates, but I really need the cardio/weights too, so it felt good to get back into it today. The weights definitely felt like they got heavier on me over the past couple of weeks, though!
Elsa cried when I dropped her off in the childcare facility this morning, but apparently she didn't cry too terribly long thanks to one of the workers there. Elsa did not notice me when I came in post workout to get her, so I just watched her for a bit while I gathered her things. She was walking all around the room, laughing at some of the other kids who were playing with a toy car, and seemed to be having a pretty good time. I think, as my mom and I suspected, now that she is out of that in-between stage and can now toddle around, she is able to enjoy playing there much more.
So, yay! If this trend continues and I can trust that I won't be called over the intercom to pick up my child, I will likely try out one or two of the classes sometime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment