In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Toddler Days are Here

There is just something about Elsa walking through the house in footed pajamas, carrying her baby doll around, that now makes her seem so much older to us.



I took her across the street to the park on New Year's Day and let her experience the playground as a walker for the first time. We had a great time, though all she really wanted to do was to continue to walk over to the playground structure that houses a hand-crank car-racing toy. You can hear her voice her desire to go "up," as well as the sound she makes for "car."


I convinced her that swinging might be fun. She quickly realized how right I was. Ah, the laughter. Is there really anything better in life?

2 comments:

Christy said...

Oh my, she does look so big! And so adorable with all her sign language! Fun, fun, fun.

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

She is getting SO big! She's adorable.