I really must have jinxed myself the other day when I wrote of Elsa's fantastic sleep habits. She is still sleeping fine at night (knocking on wood today!), but it was a struggle to get her down for a nap yesterday (after going in twice to try to calm her down, I finally was able to rock her to sleep) and today she is refusing to nap at all. I think she just goes through these phases, and there is not much I can do about it. And, in return, there is not much I can get done around the house either! I have some grocery shopping to do, though, so at least that will get us out of the house.
This morning we went to the gym, and though Elsa cried when I left her, the childcare worker said she really only fussed for a few minutes. Elsa was happily playing in a toy kitchen when I came back for her. She noticed me fairly quickly, but stayed where she was and started signing and saying "bye." I am not sure if she knew we were leaving soon or if she wanted me to get the heck out of there so she could continue to play. The fact that she started to cry when I picked her up to try to get her coat and hat on so we could leave would have me think the latter. I am glad she is enjoying herself! She had a more difficult time in the church nursery yesterday -- probably because I attempted to move her into the room of walkers. I thought she would enjoy the toys and busyness over there more. They said she did okay at first (though she cried when we left her, as per usual), but then started getting upset toward the end, so they moved her over to the baby room and she was fine. So who knows.
It's all just trial by fire -- for us and for Elsa!
1 comment:
I am constantly amazed by how unpredictable these little ones are. Els was sleeping fabulously until a couple weeks ago, and now she's decided to wake up in the night again. I'm just hoping it's the waking up that's the phase and not the good sleeping. :-)
Post a Comment