In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Grocery Mishaps

So far Elsa has dropped and broken (from her perched seat in the cart) a yogurt at Whole Foods, a melamine plate at Target, and, just this morning, a jar of baby food at Publix. She gets so excited about certain things at the various stores and really wants to hold onto them. And, of course, she gets really fussy if she does not get her way and I don't let her handle these items. Obviously I have tried to avoid the in-store wails too many times now and must not let her hold anything breakable from here on out. All three of these stores were so kind to not make me pay for these items (even though I offered), so they shouldn't be punished any longer.

Perhaps I should just carry a pair of earplugs and a blindfold so I don't have to hear Elsa's protests or witness all of my fellow shoppers' stares from here on out.

No comments: